View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 09:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Glasses with Prisms

I have been having trouble with dv for the last few months. I was wearing a patch to drive and work on the computer.

I spoke with the eye doc and he said that prisms in my glasses would probably help, but it had to be my decision.

I tried using IVIG to see if it would make a difference, but no change in the vision (energy level much better - I've been on IVIG for about 4 years)

I finally caved and went back to the eye doc and they spent about 2 hours trying to get the correct level of prisms. Think about it, do I get the prism to correct my vision at Noon? 1:00 pm? 4:00 pm? - it's get worse as the day wears on!
We settled on 4:00 pm (I see 2 of everything, one above the other, no overlapping, etc)

I got my new glasses last week and they really work! Of course, I can't wear them until the dv gets bad (usually around noon), but they definitely correct the dv.

I thought they would look like big googley eyes, but they don't look at different from my regular glasses, just a little thicker. For the first couple of days, everything had a band of rainbow light around it, but my eyes have adjusted and I don't see the rainbow any longer.

They were expensive, but fortunately I have vision insurance and they paid all but a small portion. My glasses are expensive anyway because I have bi-focals and I add glare reducers, etc.

Just wanted to let everyone know who has dv for a while, there is a way to fix it so you can continue to work.
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
erinhermes (08-13-2009)