View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I agree that you need a new neuro that can run more tests. Do you have a major hospital or teaching hospital near you? Has your gp done a full set of bloodwork? If not I would also encourage that for things like auto immune,b12,blood sugar. Was the mri just of the lowe back and not the spine or does that cover both? What about of the brain? Hang in there and I hope you find someone who is willing to work with you.
yes to all, I haver Kaiser Permanente which is pretty big, and they ran b12 (twice), sugar, and about 20-25 other different things. Everything came back normal.
A phys med doc gave me Nortriptaline on thursday for Fibromyalgia even though she said that I dont have any of the major symtoms (the tender spots) but just wanted to make sure. I am soooo tired of all this guessing and cost. I d get fired if I guessed how to do my job!
The MRI was just of the lower back because thats were my pain was initially. The day before is when the numbess in my legs started.
I keep telling these people that if they dont help me find out what this is soon, I will end up in a wheel chair!
Thank you so much for your advice.
karenreb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote