View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 03:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Tongue

Hi, i am also new to RSD and whoa, this has been quite the rollercoaster ride for me. I had 2 left knee surgeries 7 and 6 years ago, here just recently my left knee went haywire on me. I had an MRI which showed speckled marrow replacement w/ fatty marrow and I guess that was the last nail in the coffin and was DXed about 2 weeks after. I have an awsome physical therapist who is working with me right now b/c i lost some of my theigh (all will soon learn that i cannot spell lol) muscle and we are also working on desensitizing my knee. Whenever my foot feels that "i'm frozen" burning pain, i just put on some really soft, fuzzy socks and move it around to get the blood flowing. I do the same thing when my knee or leg starts to feel that way, I start moving. Yeah, at first it hurts, but the more I get the blood moving, the better it starts to feel. No, it does not feel 100% better, but it's not that burning, stinging, pins and needles anymore, it's more tolerable. I hope this helps, like I said, i'm completely new, hasn't even been a month. Just stay focused and positive and vent, vent, vent to those who you feel will understand and not judge you. I am sorry that you have this, but it is what it is and we just have to keep keeping on.
Val
Penguin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-14-2009)