Thread: It's so crummy
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

IT AIN'T FAIR, Jack!

It really isn't.
Most of us here are intelligent, informed sufferers and we have been dealt a card from under the deck! We should be living healthy, happy, pain-free lives.
Skiing, sailing, bowling, tennis, football, baseball, ....... you name it !!
And we should be doing all of the things we have loved to do all our lives, instead of being held captive prisoners of a neurological disorder/disease that has no known cure!

I'm mad as hell and I don't want to stand for it anymore!!

But, y'see.........we have to!
We have to 'bite the bullet' everyday of our lives - 'cause there really is no other choice.
Resignation to the fact that we have a chronic ailment is half the battle.
We won't lay down and give up hope, but we have to be realistic enough to see the forest for the trees. (I just love trite analogies)
Ya gotta maintain a sense of humor and occupy your mind and your time with enough other crud to keep yer mind off of the PN. When I'm really busy, I forget about it...mostly. At least enough so I'm not constantly whining and miserable.

Those closest to us have to deal with us .... and we with them.... or we lose them.
Constant whining and complaining and self-pity, makes us look not so attractive, y'know?

Its bad enough that we gain weight, have trouble walking, trouble going to the fair, shopping in the supermarket, even going to the mailbox ... but we just have to 'tough it out' and keep on truckin'.
Take the damn pills! At least they help. Better than nothing.

Every morning, when I'm not really awake & I look into the glass of water, spoon the Metamucil "Clear & Natural" into it (cause the Lyrica is constipating) and start to take down the 10 or 12 bottles of Rx's and supplements and vitamins -
I think "I'm so tired of doing this crap that I could puke!!".

When I'm rubbing my feet with menthol cream that smells up the whole room, I think that I'm becoming an absolute freak that can't just put on my shoes and go to work.

When my legs feel like cement and it takes me 3-5 times as long to climb the stairs as I used to, I think that I'm such a burden on everyone around me because I cannot just do, what 'normal' people do - walk up stairs!

Jack, you've got a lot of company...... so have a pity party here, and don't bother anyone else with it. That's why we come here, cause its a group who understands.
There are a lot of people here... some who are a lot worse off than I am. I'm fortunate that I'm not worse than I am and thank my lucky stars that at least I've found a community that I can come to.
Its my daily fix on reality, and my release when I need it.

You've got company, Jack ...... a lot of it!
BonDon (10-26-2009), dlshaffer (10-23-2009), duarte1985 (06-26-2012), Hope15 (10-22-2009), jannaw (10-22-2009), JoanB (10-22-2009), Kitt (10-22-2009), NM_Dewey (11-24-2009), since95 (10-22-2009)