View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Breezy55;597095]So here come's my sob story. I am in so much PAIN that I do not even know if I can take any more! I am on Temazepam,Topamax,Clonazepam,Furosemide,Zolpidem,L orazepam,Methadone,Morphine Sulfate IR 30mg,Morphine Sulfate CR 100mg. I went to see my DR. who is a regular Dr. who see's everything. So he said there is nothing more that I can give to you. Everything that I am taking is not even touching my pain! [QUOTE]

Dear Breezy,

I'm really sorry that you are having such a hard time. The transition to cold, wet weather is awful.

I saw Dr. Getson last week. He is an extremely well known doctor specializing in RSD. When he saw that I was taking Methadone AND and opiate/morphine med for my pain, he said that it was counter-intuitive. You are apparently supposed to take either one or the other, but not both together. So he suggested that I drop the methadone from my line-up of meds. In his opinion, the two products work against each other for pain and you end up with less pain control you would otherwise.

IMHO, my pain has increased since eliminating methadone. But our weather also just turned a lot colder.

I just thought I would pass on what he told me, since you have both meds in your line-up like I did.

Another suggestion - if you are able, try to get outside and walk in the fresh air as much as you can. Bundle up, and find a friend (or grab a pet), and walk. I love it and it takes my mind off my pain for a while. For me its been the very best therapy since I got sick over 3 years ago.

Pleease take care, XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (12-07-2009), loretta (12-11-2009), Lynns409 (12-07-2009)