Thread: venting
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Bad days and feeling unheard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZZ74 View Post
Hi I was posting to those that do not respond not to those that do. and particuarly not to you who I pm. thanks for the recap of "hank yous."Kind of a recrimination post.
we all have down days, I was having one, be it that I am stupid or what else, it took me forever to learn how to post pictures.
So this in partiucarly hit a nerve.
There are many people here,whose posts and have a 0 response. I was not just speaking out for my self.
Id like to end this and all posts on ths note by thanking those
that wrote sincere, notes acknowledging the hurt i was feelling, offered support and were so warm and sincere.
I was not seeking defensive responses or agressive responses.As I said I was just having a particuarly bad day as many of us do.
wishing everyone a better day and less pain. cz
HI there, CZ. I can so relate to your post of dismay and hurt. It is hard to expose our vulnerability to "thundering silence". I likely was baffeled by your symptoms or diagnosis and simply skipped over it. Now I am reminded that I too have a complicated disease which is truly a rare disorder. I feel lonely and unseen here quite often, some posts exploring my options are too unknown for any responses.

I believe it is not due to any lack of great, compassionate, wise folks on site. Just my luck of the draw in this life. Thank you for verifying that for every post I thank, or send a validating message, there are possibly grateful, warm hearted appreciative folks, (hopefully anyway).

Conversely it is likely I often add unwittingly to the burden of lonely folks who often feel isolated and hurt, by offering only silence. I will continue to try and reach out when I am able. I hope others will do the same for me.

I know there are no guarantees. I cannot expect to "derive" compassion by giving it to others. But it is important to give it anyway. For myself, to offer without expectation, is the least harmful to my own self esteem. I hope you do feel heard and understood by the many responses here
We never really know how we affect others in sometimes amazing ways. So again Thank you for expressing what many often feel , but may not always share. A chance for all of us to check in with ourselves. Are we giving what we would like for ourselves with realistic integrity?

I often have to remind myself that holidays are often especially challenging and triggering for many stuck in the "chronic condition caravan" and the slow lane of life. Including myself...
Best wishes TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (12-15-2009)