View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up augmentin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach73 View Post
Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, Ive been having a bit of a time of it.

Ive had a chest infection since 17th December. This week I was given a second lot of antibiotics, a type which should be used with caution in MG patients. I only realised this once I had taken 4 of them and the mestinon stopped working and I was getting very weak very quickly. It was very scary and I ended up seeing an emergency GP. The emergency GP gave me Augementin, which was fine until yesterday when I suddenly started having an allergic reaction to penicillin. I have never had a problem with penicillin before. My face and mouth swelled and my face, back and neck were covered in a red blotchy rash which was a tad uncomfortable! So please accept my apologies in not replying earlier!

Ok so back to your thread. I went up to 60mg of Pred, it was only when I got to around 20mg that the moonface started to subside. Under 20mg it really disappeared very quickly.

I hope that you find the side effects of Pred disappear quickly.

Love
Rach
I also have had a chest infection since early December 2 courses of augmentin and now one of distaclorcontaining cefaclor 3.75mg.
still feel it is not clearing.
GP says there is also alot of viral chest infection about which antibiotics cannot help.
PMCPMC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (01-03-2010), rach73 (01-03-2010)