View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Dear Lonely1

thank you also for your kind words of support and encouragement, and prayers.

yes i am indeed wanting to avoid some of the side effects of anti-depressants... although i will accept some Zoloft for a period if push comes to shove. The softer treatments i was thinking of were along the lines of St. John's Wort and 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) which is the derivative of tryptophan and precursor to serotonin... should have similar effect to SSRIs. it is sometimes added to melatonin preparations, and i was thinking of trying melatonin to reset my circadian rhythm (what rhythm... ok, to SET my circadian rhythm!) The other thing i could try is an herb - St. John's Wort, but its efficacy is limited to mild/moderate depression... i would have to get this going before i end up in the total black zone if you know what i mean. as it is perhaps i should have started it earlier. but this crept up on me. honestly, i think i didn't want to believe it and kept telling myself i was just tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelonely1 View Post
I know so well how this feels, but have never been able to describe it; thank you sharing it.
i am glad the description was helpful. (not glad you have experienced it, doesn't it suck?)

Quote:
At the very least, you can post here and know that someone will be able to empathize and care; and that is the best depression treatment that i've been able to find.
yes, it helps a lot. people who haven't experienced depression often cannot relate... in fact sometimes it is disturbing. i cannot, for instance, talk about not wanting to face another day (even if i make clear i am not suicidal) or not having a life force at home... they get very upset sometimes overtly, sometimes they don't show it but you can tell it overwhelms them. it isn't their fault.

thanks again. hope you're holding up well yourself. take care.

~ waves ~
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (01-22-2010), bizi (01-23-2010), Brokenfriend (01-22-2010), mistiis (01-22-2010), Nik-key (01-26-2010), reyn (01-25-2010), thelonely1 (01-22-2010)