View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjl1261 View Post
Did you possibly pick his ortho's brain as to why he commented as he did???

I didn't challenge the doctor at the time because my husband is not a positive thinker in general. Picture Eeyore. If the news was bad, I was afraid it would cause a set-back and I want him to enjoy the progress as long as it lasts.

However, he has progressed now to the point where I think I can bring it up to the doctor and ask for a clearer opinion. This ortho recognized the CRPS right away but sent us to a pain management doctor straight out of residency. We liked him and he was well-meaning but he had no clue how to treat CRPS so we have been on our own for the last three months or so. Except for the gabapentin and PT, all of the treatments we have tried are things I have found on the internet.

We are very aware that CRPS can not be cured. I have prayed desperately for remission ever since the diagnosis but only recently realized that we don't know what that looks like, if it can be "partial" or if symptoms do appear to go away in more advanced stages and that we're going along day by day thinking he's improving when he's really getting worse!
I would say if the symptoms seem to fade away, and more important, that he feels much better is surely a sign of remission. However, if symptoms are changing, pain feeling deeper, different, skin color not changing but nails look different your doctor could be correct in the RSD is changing. It changed for my wife who has the disease but her pain changed from electrical shocks to a deep in the bone pain. I have read cases where folks did get much better. Again, if your husband feels much better I'm very glad for the both of you.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dreambeliever128 (03-30-2010), Wilbyfree (03-29-2010)