View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Maybe the dr wants it for his own records, it sounds like her pain has not been gotten under control , maybe this has to do with that in some way..

I recall seeing posts about her pain control problems, but can't recall the details...
You are correct. I do like this doctor but lately she's had Suzy fill out forms indicating whether she feels better at all and or has "my services as a doctor helped you in anyway". I do feel this doctor is giving up on her. I've told the doc that Suzy's done the best under you, believe it or not, and told her what the positives were and that their is no cure especially a cure for one who received little to no treatment her first 4 years of the disease. In those days she may have slept 2 hours a night for years making her thinking disoriented. Now she does get sleep but her RSD has spread these past 3 years. She is better but her manner with doctors is not the best and never was even when she was a small girl. And she's very shy on top of it all. My wife feels strongly, with everything she's read, that the best thing for her is no evasive proceedures at all and try to rid stress and maximize movement without causing a flare. She wants nothing to do with stimulators, any cutting of bone, skin, nerves etc. She wants nothing to do with physical therepist who do not have a clue. And she's correct, somewhat. She has had ketamine and lidocaine infusions and several of them with no luck. People are different, some will try anything and everything, some just want to be left alone. Suzy just wants to deal with her condition her way and is steadfast about it and it rubs docs the wrong way.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (05-26-2010)