Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

football,

I would suggest trying to contact Dr. Julian Bailes at University of West Virginia or Dr Cantu at Boston University Medical Center or Dr. Kevin Guskiewicz (Ph.D, not MD) at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

You can also contact the Sports Legacy Institute at http://www.sportsconcussions.org/Lew...sion-bill.html

You do sound like a candidate for CTE. According to Dr Gus at UNCCH, the average football player suffers 700 to 900 subconcussive impacts during a single season. They see CTE starting at 8 years post play. In your case, your threshold of injury was likely met long before you stopped playing.

It would be very interesting to see your brain mapped with qEEG. I bet your map is like mine with asymmetry and out of phase, low power etc, all over.

You likely just have a very sensitive brain like mine. I can get a concussed feeling turning my head quickly, as in saying 'NO.' I can't tolerate sea motions anymore. I used to be very resistant of sea motions. Now, I am almost the first to get sea sick.

I agree with your HBOT idea. It is worth a shot. Also nootropic supplements.

Get your B-12, folate, DHEA and testosterone levels checked.

The above doctors might be interested in following your case to see if anything helps.

As my neurologist said to me after seeing my brain map, "How do you function?"

I'm not just "Been there, done that." I am "There now, doing that."

My best to you.

btw, have you found all of the TBI Survival Guides to help you with daily living? If not, I can email you the files and links.

Regarding meditation, The targeted behavior is a more relaxed state with less reaction/over-reaction to daily stresses. A religious or philosophical change in view of the world around you can make a big difference.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote