View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 11:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubious View Post
Hi Tim,

I would get it. Especially if it is paid for by someone else. I forget the exact statistics, but they are about 60-70% sensitive which means that 30% of the time, or so, they are negative when the patient truly has RSD.

So, a positive finding is of value, a negative might be wrong. There ya go! Does life get any better than that? With regards to the ionizing radiation exposure, it is a short 1/2 life, low dose radioisotope so it it is of little consequence (although nothing in medicine seemingly is without occasional issues). Now, if they have been treating you for RSD and your findings are positive, it won't change treatment one bit. If they are holding back on RSD treatment and you have positive findings, then you potentially have much to gain. Otherwise, you're screwed! They'll use negative results to cut you off.

End result.....as Charlton Heston once said, "no one gets off this earth alive."
So you're saying if it's positive then it's status quo with the treatment I'm already receiving, and if it's negative then I could be screwed? I gotta say, that doesn't make getting the scan any more appealing. I read that the bone scan is actually only accurate 55% of the time, which is kinda disturbing. I'd love to not have RSD. But then I'd be faced with not knowing what is going on with me.

Truly sucky feeling right now.

Tim
tatertim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote