View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Yes I have post concussive syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
My 15 year old daughter has PCS and I agree, the pain is horrid!!!

8 weeks ago she was hit in the eye with a soccer ball. Not only does the headache not stop, she still can not see correctly - it's like sunglasses convered with Vaseline. And yesterday, she blacked-out and fell. When her sister arrived home, she called 911 and they took her to the ER.

If would appreciate it if anybody knows of any unusual/new treatments or pain medications to try. I'm talking about thinking "outside the box".

Eric.
Dear Eric,
The headaches are do to swelling in the brain. The blackout can happen again and again. This may be the beginning of what may be a long journey. Please note the following:
Your daughters symptoms will be worse in the morning because the brain swells up over night and this aggravates the situation. It is best she wakes up SLOWLY. have her sit and listen to music. The reason it is imp. to wake up slowly is that when the brain is waking neurons are rapidly firing but your daughter's brain cannot handle the activity. have her drink Gatorade or G2 in the morning and during classes. Doctors will tell her she does not have seizures but anti seizure drugs may help and cognitive therapy. Please write if you need more info, doctor's names articles, etc...
margomills is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote