View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 12:09 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionab View Post
My insurance gal just called me again. The remotes and chargers WILL fall under my homeowner's ins. policy's "personal property" section and my deductible will apply. They cannot put the remotes/chargers on a rider, or under a separate policy, as in insuring one's expensive jewelry. So looks like no added cost there, which is good.

What's funny is that she said she was told that if my dog chews them, it's not covered but if the neighbor's dog chews them it IS covered. She said that if it's an accidental fall then it is covered, but if I get mad and throw it and damage it, it is NOT covered. So, I just had to ask her....what if I get mad and throw it at the neighbor's dog?? She laughed and said it would not be covered.

They will cover if it damaged (and if it falls in the loo...yeah ) but not if it's a malfunction problem. That, they say, is to be covered by Bost. Scientific. So I will have to seriously consider buying Bost. Scientific's extended warranty after the first year's free warranty runs out.

Hope this helps.
Hmmmmm very interesting that the neighbours dog chewing it would be covered but not your own , weird that! It does add the question, why would the dog next door be using your remote

Yes it should be on your home insurance, same as any other piece of equipment that it in your house under contents. like for instance the REMOTE FOR TV, or the REMOTE FOR THE DVD player......I think its the fact that once we say its a 'medical' remote etc it kinda sents them off running in the opposite direction!
Glad that its not too expensive for you Fiona, thats the last thing you need now.
BTW did you have to contribute to either of your systems? do I recall you saying you did?
I spoke with a lady in the hospital last week and she was told she would have to give €10k (approx $12.5k) towards her system a shortfall on her insurance policy, thankfully I didnt have to pay any! phew!!!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-16-2010), Rrae (09-15-2010)