Thread: My CRPS
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauris063 View Post
Loretta & Kathy,
Thank you both for your love and comments. I appreciate you both so much. I need this site! I need the encouragement. I feel so alone. My husband is so good and understand however, he truly doesn't understand the depth of pain and struggle that I go through just to get up and get dressed everyday.
I am so happy to know that I have others that I can talk and relate to.
Please continue to write.
Hugs!
Lauri
Hi Lauri, It is difficult for others, even family that live with us to comprehend the depth of this disorder-the pain and discouragement it brings. My husband didn't have a clue for a long time what I was going thru, but now he does and that is a real blessing. It was hard on me, the time he didn't understand. But grateful now.
You'll find some friend will have some comprehension and others won't. I have a friend who's husband has bad RA, so she can relate.
I went thru over 2 years of grief therapy when my parents died -I was 25. and the loss was so difficult. I'm grateful for the therapy, as it helped me also with RSD. RSD comes with it-a lot of losses. sports, if we were active in that, Just normal things,like cooking, entertaining, cleaning our home, During flares, we are even homebound. Just grocery shopping is too much. So for me, when I went full body, going to a psychiatrist was a real blessing to me. I've been with him 6 years now and just now going from once a month to once every 2 months. He is my pain management doc.
You might share with your husband certain posts on neurotalk. or some information on different rsd websites. The one I like a lot is rsdrx.com And the puzzles list or the 150 questions and answers.
Thank you for your letter, your friend, loretta with soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (10-14-2010)