View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyseHart View Post
Keep smilin, that is such wonderful news. I have been fighting to receive SSD since Jan 2008. I have been denied 3 times and now my case will be sent out of state for a final appeal. The ALJ (judge) ruled in my case that he thought RSD was subjective and he didn't believe my four doctor's (internist, pain management, therapist and neurologist) statements. He said I could find "something" to do. I waited three months after my hearing to receive the Unfavorable notice. I was so depressed I almost died. The stress of the decision made my blood pressure rise like crazy and it took three weeks to get it calmed down. I was not going to appeal but my attorney said he will handle it and I should try to forget about it.

I have RSD in both arms and I can not use my hands for any length of time. In fact, I am rarely on the computer due to pain and clawing of my right hand but I just had to respond because I am so pleased to see some of my fellow RSD sufferers are getting the help they need. It is so hard to show an outsider what pain and suffering feel like when you don't need an oxygen tank (the judge said this to me) or are blind.

I am sure receiving the assistance will take some stress off the situation, which always helps with pain. I have been in a huge flare since July and this ruling just pushed it up another notch. I am going to go soak in a warm Epsom salts bath after writing this so I can calm my arm down. I forget to do the extra little things like that, but I just read that on another thread.

Congrats again on your win, you so deserve it. Nobody knows that better than a fellow RSD sufferer.

Elyse
ElyseHart, never give up on your benefits that you are entitle to. Make no mistake, if this judge's mother, daughter or wife had RSD this scumbag would be whistling a different tune. Never ever give up, you will receive your SS.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
wswells (10-20-2010)