Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 05:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Hi Dee -

I doubt my docs would ever go to 1000 or 1200 mg. WOW. Do you have any side effects from such a large dose? I noticed that I was having horrible dreams after my dose was first increased from 150 to 200, but they seem to have subsided now.

I need to work FT, and the last infusion I received was in the middle of the week, so I had to return to work the next day - talk about exhausting!!

Thanks for the info. Take care, Sandy
Wow, I don't know how you guys do it. As SandyRI knows I have 3 - 5 day inpatient infusions w/boosters. Ketamine and I do not get along. It worked and stuck but while it's getting into my body I have experienced some side effects. I think I did better with the 5 day. I did mine, all 3, with Dr. Richman in NYC. He has a protocol of ketamine and a continous epidural of other meds. to counter act the effects. Yet it wasn't a party but almost easier. The booster took me 3 - 4-days to feel I could even drive. I sometimes think because I am Hypo-thyroid and have been since I was a child it has something to do with it. I have asked that question but they say no. I have a problem taking a contact cold tablet. When I say it effects my body it's really my head, I get dizzy really dizzy which leads to nausia, the rest I leave to your imagination. Yet I can take other meds. without a problem.

My husband say's I'm a control freak it's all in my head. If I don't think it's doing what it's suppose to I just shut down. He has a point in way, I can be really stubborn.

I have been discussing with my doctor to maybe do a 2 day booster but I just hate to do it. I'm scared of feeling that sick feeling, I just hate it. But I am really starting to suffer again and I do work PT and it has done wonders for my head I hate to quit and I won't. They are very understanding but I try never to use my RSD as a excuse it's really hard some days. So, SandyRI you are like our rock. Some days when I feel good I think maybe I can do this everyday but others I feel like death. We have also been dealing with my mother-in-law who has stage 4 lung cancer. She has been living with us for the last 3 months while she goes through her chemo which is done now. On top of everything else we discovered a hugh mold problem in her home a $15,000.00 problem. So my husband has been living in a hotel while the work gets done so she can go home. She is in some type of remission but will have to have us a nurse and a aid to get through this, I have my doubts. But will do what we have to she's a great woman. Sorry guys I'm feeling sorry for myself this morning. I miss my husband. I quess the stress is starting to get to me. Thank god for my kids especially my son,19, he's just like his Dad a big loud mush. I can really go to him and talk it out which I done a hundred times this week. He's funny he say's "Mom do you realize your coming to hang out with me and my friends like everynight", he's a college student and lives in our apartment downstairs. Now I'm wondering what that statement ment. But him and his friends are great young adults. OMG I'm rambling. Sorry...

Have a nice day all. You guys are so strong. I wish I had it in me.
Last statement, I do support and believe in Ketamine Treatment.

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (11-05-2010)