View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
B12 does not have be sublingual. Taking a high oral dose, will be absorbed passively (without intrinsic factor) thru the intestines, provided there is no food present with it.

Many people believe taking a complex is best. Some of them work with others as cofactors. Riboflavin is needed for activating pyridoxine, for example. I think P5P needs to be enteric coated, but not the others. The reason is the phosphate will be cleaved off in the present of acid, and it will revert back to pyridoxine.
Thanks for your response! Interesting about the P5P reverting back. Another reason not to take a single B Complex pill in capsule form (even the coenzyme kind). Also, for me, I experienced finger tingling when combining P5P w/ B complex. I've read where my levels aren't high enough to cause toxicity, but I have to go with my own experience. Also, as I've not experienced the tingling when using P5P by itself, I doubt its the nerves turning on.

Don't get me wrong. I'm going to be combining the P5P with other Bs (I've heard that just taking one can result in deficiencies in the rest), just not in a single pill.

As for the Pyroluria: You know it's funny. When I read the article to which you referred, I thought I should get the test. But when I took the Pyroluria quiz, from naturopathyonline.com, I didn't even come close to matching the symptoms. Also I don't have white specs/lines in my fingernails. MrsD, have you found/heard much on people w/ pyroluria who don't match those classic symptoms? From the parts I've read on the site, you seem very knowledgeable and active, so I really appreciate your input. Thanks!
Annette1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote