Thread: thymectomy
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy9 View Post
Holy crap, how can you be posting from the ICU in that condition? You deserve an award!! Thank you so much for posting; it is very helpful to us and good to hear how you are doing.

I just got diagnosed and I'm 49. My neuro is sending me for a Chest CT right away with the strong possibility of a thymectomy, so I am interested in anything I can learn about it. I'm wondering about people my age who had them. He said the literature recommends anyone under 60 having him no matter what, so I wonder why doesn't everyone get them?

I'm wondering if there may be one in my near future.
not everyone gets them because it really depends on ur neurologist and people over 60 make this a higher risk surgery im not quite 49 so i couldnt help you with that but any questions you have for me just fire away im happy to help and share my exp with people who might need this. im happy to hear that your neuro wants to jump right in....took me almost 2 yrs for me to convince my neuro to go with it. and request tht you get IVIG before hand....i feel like tht stuff is magic juice for MGers even after my surgery tht was yesterday, i feel 10 times better than i have in months next to the pain but thts a common side effect of someone cutting into you and removing a part of your body i guess
brandonc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote