View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
How do you all cope with this? The thought of how far this has gone in 8 short months is quite depressing. One starts to feel very "defeated". I've been following this forum since the very beginning and have been trying alot of the suggestions.
Mike,

(Apologies for multiple replies - sometimes the thoughts come in clusters....)

I'm at around 15 months. Not much for PN; horrible for pregnancy. I can commiserate with early progression; scares the cuss out of me. Depression comes & goes, and the way I've found to deal with that is to ignore it (the depression) by focusing elsewhere. Defeat is a bit more complicated. As human/living beings, we're all imbued with a will to survive, compete, and persevere; we have no choice in this - it's hardwired. We do have a choice in how we view things, whether we're going to deal with the cuss thrown at us, and how we're going to deal with it. It's not easy - it's hard. But it's still our choice.

Many of us have a lot more on our plates than just PN - maybe you too(?) Some are worse - some not as bad. Looking at the big picture, there's still more worth enjoying/experiencing/celebrating/what-have-you than not. I'm going to suck everything out of this life that I can as long as I can because it's the only one I've got, and anything else would be a lot of regret later. We all have regrets, and IMO, they can suck a lot worse than PN.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote