View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
oh yeah, I forgot that some of the bad ones do block any thing or any website that might try to clean or scan it.
Hi.

The only thing I have to make sure of is that my husband DOES NOT CLICK on any option that says "Warning, your computer is infected, click on this to be protected". He believes everything he sees.

I used to have a sign over the computer that was taped to the wall.

the sign read:

DO NOT DOWNLOAD, UPDATE OR INSTALL ANY PROGRAMS ON THIS COMPUTER.

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY POP-UPS.

UNDER PAIN OF DEATH.

He thought it was hysterical.

I meant every word.

lol lol lol

I'm a tough cookie. If you think I wanted to be up for one hour and on the phone with someone from India who I did not understand (and god bless that woman, she did know her stuff) but it took me one hour because I kept saying "please repeat what you said" I could not understand one thing.

And I could hear the other tech support people in the background talking on THEIR phones.

But I was glad of one thing. She was very thorough and she said "If at any time, you want to cancel the remote hosting, you may just click on the thing", etc. etc. I already knew this, but they are very security minded at Verizon.

Want to know what scares me though. In this day and age, we have to rely on special people to take over our computers (at least many of us do), because we don't have the technical expertise to do this ourselves.

I mean I really think that if they didn't have these tech people, most people would throw out their computers, replace them, or at best, wipe out their hard drive and start from scratch again.

We are TOO dependent on technology. We are we going to go from here?

Are we going to be saying "Beam me up Scotty"???

Scary

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote