View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes, she is no longer going to be making enough intrinsic factor, or eating foods high in B12 it looks like. She will also not have enough acid in her stomach to help with absorption of B12, folate, calcium, iron, zinc, and magnesium (and who knows what else).

Most bariatric patients suffer from lost Omega-3 fats, and many nutrients. It is a drastic way to lose weight, and over time has terrible trade offs.
I agree but it was her decision and it's not reversible. They were not able to do lap band on her so she feels she had to go this route.

I can't bring this up to her (about the Methyl B-12). I know what I can't say and what I can say. If she brings it up to me, then it will because she asked me the question and I can then respond with: "Oh, I've read this on my one of my message boards about when one has bariatric surgery like the sleeve, one loses intrinsic factor, etc. etc.

This is the only way I can tell her about stuff like this.

And thanks very much.

Oh, by the way, this a.m. my sugar was 82. Still doing the fenugreek tea before bed time. Thank god I found this out.

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-14-2011)