View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Smile Hi Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Hi there,
I had my first SCS implanted last December on my left side for lower back and left leg. Anyway since having the perm SCS it has changed my life, turned things right around for me, I'm feeling so much better but unfortunately my back pain is still a huge problem. My consultant is considering adding more leads to my right side and another box. Has anyone here had a second unit put in and how was it, did it do what you and your Dr had hoped?
I'd love to hear your experience.
Sophie

Hi Sophie

Im so glad that you are getting such good relief from the SCS you have had implanted. I too had an implant in August 2010. Like you I have severe pain in my back and down my legs. However, the SCS really only helps my legs. I was told by my Consultant and the SCS more than likely would only help with my legs. I know some posters here do get relief in their back but I dont. Ive had a few different programmes so maybe some more tweaking of the programmes might address that in the future.

There are a couple of posters with 2 SCS. But please get as much information as you can before you get a second one. Does the one already in help with your back at all? because Im wondering if it doesnt will the second one? dont want to put a damper on it but its just a thought

Take care

Jackie
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-06-2011), Rrae (05-06-2011), Sophie_ (05-28-2011)