View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodrill View Post
I am still trying to hang in there. The doc I'm supposed to see in Denver won't be available until my Jan 5th appointment. I keep telling myself I can last until then.

My husband says if my mood doesn't improve and I remain suicidal he is going to drag me somewhere for help.

I'm so weary of all this and I'm sure you guys are weary of your pain as well. I wish I was noble and brave but I just don't seem to have it in me anymore.

Your posts have helped so much. Thank you. I will post again when I am able to sit up a while.

Does your back get weak and hurt more if you lie down a lot? I think that's what may be happening as well.

Thanks again, Pam
Pam,

I had l5 s1 double cage fusion done 14 months ago and i have asked my doctor for a refferal to someone that would help me with the depression:
I have from the pain. He sent me to a shrink we classified me and then
proceeded to tell me it's stress related. Stress related ! No way ! My back
and hips and legs hurt all of the time ! I did what the doctor said and read
a book called "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers ". I didn't help.

I have relied on my family and friends for support. I WAS a very active 41 yr. old guy who hiked, golfed, mountain bikes etc.., I can do none of these activities anymore ! My surgeon told me that they only do surgeries and sent me yo a pain management clinic for drugs. Only a little bit of relief from pain but what about my emotional state of mind ? No help there!

My advice is to hang in there and do as I am now by reaching out through the internet for people suffering like me. This is my first blog on a website
and when I came across your story I had to register so that I could reply.

HANG IN THERE !!!!!! I know it's tough. I was in tears just this morning while
talking to my wife of 21 years. I was explaing how the pain is getting worse , yet the Doctors are not upping my medication or getting e rays done, so
I feel all alone with my pain. It's the toughest thing I have ever faced in my Life! And I still get depressed every day and have pain of different levels 24/7.

So my message to you is that you are NOT alone, and suicide is NOT an option !

Bill
bill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote