View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroNixed Craig View Post
Don't beat yourself up about these situations when they present themselves. Just be straight forward, no excuses, admit you made a mistake, openly apologize - with others around it's even better - and if you feel the need, ask for forgiveness at the same time.

At some point it will become so obvious dealing with whatever symptoms affect your work, questions will be asked and need to be addressed.

I left a highly stressful position, took a 50% cut in pay to take a "less stressful" job. That didn't work because I ended up working even harder for less money totally defeating my original purpose. I learned for me it was a "Catch 22."
Agree with all the above. Good call on the "Catch 22" as well.

Catch, all kidding aside, "To Err Is Human". You said you have an employer who's been accommodating. That's more than can be said for oh, 90%+ of the jobs on the market. Truthfully.

I'd hate to see you in a position where you leave your current situation (where you can work with your employer, in my opinion, with the errors being made to find a solution that works well for you both), only to take a possible pay cut and end up under the pinky finger of an unaccommodating, unsympathetic employer/boss.

Don't trust those rogues either... just because an employer says they're understanding is often a pretty facade to lure in employees, only to then turn on the spotlights and let the real show play out.

You mention about the notes getting lost and such Catch.. perhaps a portable electronic device that you can use as a 'diary' or notepad may be more suitable than pen & paper? Heck... I lose stuff I write down on paper all the time, but I don't loose stuff that I put on my sticky notes or notepad on the PCs.

Thinking of you
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Catch (09-08-2011), SallyC (09-08-2011)