View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Have you ever had a Neuro-Psychological Assessment?

It can give you an idea of what skills you have and which are dysfunctional.

Your ECT and wide range meds history makes any decent understanding of your condition very difficult.

I would suggest getting started on a mega nutrition regimen. It sounds like the one thing that has not been tried. If you have any chance at brain healing, it will start with good nutrition. Do a search for nutrition or vitamins on this forum. Lots of posts already.

No caffeine or MSG or any processed soy products. They are neurotoxins.

My best to you.
Thank you for replying! My neurosurgeon wants me to read alot, start an instrument, and learn a new language. I am also trying to go on a gluten free diet. and possibly exercise at least 10 mins a day as my POTS allows it. In the past i had tried a holistic approach where i was on tons of supplements but it was a little sketchy and did not see improvement. Is that what you are talking about? I alrerady take fish oil and vitamin D/ coq10. I am slo going to try to get off my medicine. With the ehlors danlos, and POTS i still think there is something there...structually. ARE there ANY more tests i can do for my brain and neck region? Vascular/not? My neurosurgeon still highly suspects i have another vitamin deficieny or mitochondrial disorder going on. Has hypobaric chambers every helped? As i have always complained of "not getting enough blood and oxygen to my head"

Also i'm very curious as to how this started as i really don't rmeember. Could concussions put these things in motion if i already had a head injury ewhen i was six? Then maybe the ocd exacerbated and my mental state changed? They have actually related the POTS to the brainstem comppression. i wonder what made my thinkng "sedated" though...And the thoguht of all these meds affecting brain development with ECT on top pf that wheni could have had an injury is scary.
Bobomb92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote