View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 01:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Corpse pose for stretching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Maybe start out with yoga style "corpse pose" on floor or bed first, then move up to a rolled towel to see how you do with it, then move up to foam roll or large ball.
Don't want you moving ahead to soon- maybe run it by your Dr or PT person to get an OK.

images of various corpse poses -
http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isc...655l2.7.2l11l0
Hi Jo*mar
A very good suggestion
I'm realising that its a process not to be rushed....... work will just have to wait, I can't afford to push myself through this and run the risk of undoing the surgery. I'd be mortified if I ended up getting addition probs such as nerve damage or scar tissue because I haven't allowed myself sufficient time to recover..... after all the arm in question is my writing side.
I may have to wait and see what happens regarding my job as I'm still due another first rib excision for my left side ( VTOS ), I will learn more about this after my follow-up with my surgeon 20/10/11. I was wondering how long to have off from work? I don't know who I'm trying to kid as at the moment I'm being signed off work in 2 week slots ( to see how things go and its beginning to get really annoying now having to keep returning to my doctors for a sick certificate for my employers- I think I should allow myself to be off at least until I see my surgeon). I keep thinking I'm getting there but then encounter probs when I attempt simple tasks- very frustrating and I feel guilty for my family doing all the housework ( they have been so supportive-probably will be sick of me come the second op though ).
On a good note: I seem to be improving daily and swelling is so much better, my concern at the moment is that I'm still quite breathless on walking and headachy (SCM symptoms) if upright for too long!
I must say, looking on this forum your advice is fantastic.... you really do make a difference!!!!
Thanks and best wishes to all out there.
From SD38
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote