View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Hi Cathie and thx for your reply, I wish 5 or 6lbs was my problem compared to what I gained, by the way I am 5"1 lol, but smoke free 2 1/2 yrs yeah!!!!!
I only have a few stretching exercises I can do and now the treadmill, unforunately I cannot get down on the floor to do any type of exercise(herniated discs L2-3 3-4, L4-5)I probably would not be able to get back up LOL, just since walking I can feel additional pain, lower back, butt and legs, but I believe it is because I'm out of shape, and getting muscles moving that haven't moved in awhile(old age lol) really never was into working out at a gym and I do not know how to swim, I am just trying to do what I can and lose just a bit of weight and get my heart in shape as well, thanks again and enjoy the day, sunshine is on the way today!
hey again,

So, I asked my physiotherapist today for some exercises that I can do with out compromising my neck and arm issues. And apparently the advice I gave you about the ankles weights was a big no no.... I had asked my last PT and she ok'd that, but this one says no way, don't do any leg lifts since it puts a strain on your neck muscles. (good thing I told him, oops). He gave me royal **** for it. But he did give me alternatives, and you may be able to do this one since it's done standing up. Lean against a wall with your back, feet apart in front of you, slightly bend forward at the waste, arms on your hips, keep your neck and back straight, then slowly slide your butt down the wall and squat. Great for butt and legs. Hold onto a chair if you are unsteady. It's great for getting strength back into your legs too. Also, he said that a stationary bike is the very best cardio for us neck fusion people, and walking on a treadmill is second best. So keep up the walks! 15 mins is a great start

I'm with you on the carbs and salty snacks, that's my downfall too.... I have to watch what I eat, and my hubby eats whatever he wants and never gains an ounce, just not fair... LOL. Trying to make sure you have lean protein with every meal, and lots of fresh veggies is a good way to fill up without all the carbs. I can usually slim down a bit if I cut out all the refined sugars, breads and carbs and make a point of drinking more water. (did you know if you drink 10-12 glasses of water a day your body will burn more calories, and you will feel full because of the water) It's not easy, and you end up peeing all damn day, LOL, but it's an easy way to shed a few pounds without too much cardio. Start your day with 3 glasses of cold water (or lemon water) right when you wake up, then another 3 at lunch, and anoter 3 at dinner, and you'll be surprised how quickly you will loose water retention. Do this for 3 days and you'll see a drop on the scale.

Have a great weekend!!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bunz50 (10-22-2011)