View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
Kicker, maybe you can advise me about this.

How does one know that they've entered PPMS?

I've had MS for years even though I've only been officially diagnosed for 6 years. I'm finding that I really could use a Rollator now. I know it would help my walking. My balance is just shot.

But I'm wondering if it will make things worse? Will I become so dependent upon it that I won't be able to walk without it? I know.....sounds ridiculous but I think about it all the time.
Aw Kitty,
I don't know. I'm on neuro #5 (3 moved on me) and PPMS seems to be a dirty word to them. I asked each neuro directly my classification, certainly walked out feeling answer was PPMS, but a sense of most Neuros need very direct questioning.

I read somewhere some doctors (Who? Age? Never mentioned) believe aids lead to increased inability. Some don't. I know a wheelchair put an end to my falling, I think walking was over anyway for me. As PPMS, I do no DMDs, my current neuro is ok with that. Going to an aid (crutches, rollator, chair) was tough. But being in a chair gives me more freedom. I get to the toilet on time. The microwave no longer rings while I'm trying to g..e..t there. I go into places I once didn't. Good and bad.

You mean RR to SPMS. PPMS is from very beginning, some doctors think RR and PP are two totally different things all together. Jim is SPMS, Sandy On FB may have better answers

kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (11-11-2011)