View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcms0516 View Post
I agree about not being around people that make those negative comments.

In terms getting friends, outright(as opposed to getting a new set of friends), I have always found it hard. Because once they see my head and/or, hear about my hydrocephalus, people will usually ignore me, like I am somehow contagious and/or infectious without caring to hear why I have it, and what it isn't.
Yea it is very hard which is why I try to keep it hidden from everyone because I feel like as if I am a freak because if they do know thats all they see in me. They dont focus on anything else. It is very frustrating and the older I get the more it bothers me because I hate the way our society views topics even though there is nothing I can do. Like I learned in Western Civilization that in the Middle ages people with disabilities were looked down on as if their life was not important and were killed or left behind as children/babies. I know that we have laws that prevent that but in reality people still view people as freaks if you have even the smallest thing wrong with you. They do not want to understand the reasoning for it but find it easier to harpoon negative things to you or behind your back.
kl2568 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote