View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accox4 View Post
Lit Love, you're right, you did, however, mention the ketamine outpatient therapy, which went hand in hand with the lidocaine therapy when I started researching it. We went into her dr today & he is starting the pre-auth for the Lidocaine infusions....he does 1-day infusions, not the 3 or 5 day, so hopefully this will work!!!! Unforunately, i cannot find a dr that does the Ketamine therapy that also takes my insurance. Her dr does not seem to enthusiastic about the Lidocaine infusions, because of their short-term effects. He put her on Celebrex today and said if the Celebrex doesn't provide relief or she if she cannot tolerate it and if the Lidocaine infusions don't work, we need talk more about the SCS.
I can see why you may be reluctant of the SCS from all that you have researched. The thing that gets under my skin (only personal) is how many doctors blindly recommend this device. I truly believe it rids them of the DEA in some manner and the ability to make money at the same time, just my observation. Push comes to shove, there is the SCS test your daughter will receive before any major surgery takes place. A lead wire is temporarily inserted near or in the spine. The device itself is outside of the body. I think this test lasts for a few days. This way your daughter and yourself can evaluate the device without full obligation.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote