View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voner View Post
ballerina:

It is wonderful to hear your symptoms are improving!!!!

I have a couple technical questions for you:

1. How did you go about figuring where to locate the anode pads? I referenced a paper by Valle, et al. that says they place it over C3 according to the 10--20 system for EEG electrode placement…..

2. Why did you decide on 3" x 3" pads?

3. on the doctor subject -- you(or other people) are happy with the partnership between you and the doctor -- is the specialty (neurologist?)of the doctor important or just hunt around?? I have given up on them all and am using a nurse practitioner at my primary doctor's office. At least she has time to talk and time for me to explain…

Thanks.
Hi Voner,

Question #1 I did the C3 protocol when I was treated at Beth Israel and had a positive response. The researchers were pretty exacting about precise location. That kind of precision was necessary because they were primarily a research institution. The electrodes are big enough that they cover many areas so getting it close is good enough. You can use diagrams for the 10-20 system, use the percentages to find the location. (You can find the 10-20 by doing a google search, try EEG Measurement and Setup, or EEG 10-20 International System) After you find it pm me if you have any questions.

I have tried three other protocols, (electrode placements) two had no effect and one worked better.

Question# 2 3" pads are the standard electrode at the three treatment centers in the U.S.

Question # 3 I had to kiss a lot of toads before I found my Prince PM and Neuro docs. In addition to consulting with top Drs. in tDCS, I find it very beneficial to have a partnership with both a PM and a Neuro. It also helps that they are on the same page, particularly regarding invasive procedures and CRPS.

Don't give up on Docs. Finding a good fit can be very hard. The hardest part with having CRPS is learning what defines a good fit.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ballerina; 01-16-2012 at 08:32 AM. Reason: clarification
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote