View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina View Post
Question #1 I did the C3 protocol when I was treated at Beth Israel and had a positive response. The researchers were pretty exacting about precise location. That kind of precision was necessary because they were primarily a research institution. The electrodes are big enough that they cover many areas so getting it close is good enough. You can use diagrams for the 10-20 system, use the percentages to find the location. (You can find the 10-20 by doing a google search, try EEG Measurement and Setup, or EEG 10-20 International System) After you find it pm me if you have any questions.

I have tried three other protocols, (electrode placements) two had no effect and one worked better.
Ballerina, I'm new here. I bought an electrophoresis unit several years and gave my wife some treatments (CRPS with pudendal/sciatic neuropathy), but didn't get anyhwere. I never felt like we pushed it enough; we gave up after 7 treatments in 9 days (interrupted over a weekend). I positioned the leads in the recommended fashion: cathode of right motor cortex (contralateral to her worst pain on left side), anode over left forehead (I'm rushed at the moment; hope I'm not stating anode/cathode backwards).

We decided to try again this week, as she has experienced a bad flare-up. I saw your posts last night, and you've inspired me to double our efforts, which we were actually contemplating (2x/day, two weeks). My question: which electrode placement do you think is working best for you? I certainly agree with your point that precise placement is not essential given the broad distribution of the charge.
iguanabill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote