View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 05:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
Disney World is my happy place...I've been there over 20 times in my life (and I'm only 28) and never had a bad time. My parents even renewed their wedding vows in Disney in 2007. I was able to go in September 2010...a year after I got RSD in my ankle when the pain was being decently managed by meds. it was a different sort of trip...really had to take it easy...but had a fantastic time. Now with RSD in my upper body too...I am very nervous. But Disney is very good in terms of access for those with disabilities so I am hoping that I can make it work. But that's a long way off...gotta get back to work first and then focus on the next goal.

I hope you can find some way to take a vacation...hopefully some place warm. I love to travel but I know I will be very limited the way things are at the moment. My boyfriend's family has a house on a lake that we go to sometimes and it is honestly just nice to be somewhere different...even if I can't go out and do much. Just sitting out on the deck and looking out at the lake was nice. But getting there is awful these days...that first day after we get there I am a mess. It's good if we can stay for a week though because then I have time to recover, enjoy myself, and then go through the painful ride back home. But it's worth it just to get away for a few days.
just going to hope i haven't gained too much weight too, i am still active (indoors) when my pain and spasms allow, i eat more fresh foods, veggies, and fruits but still seem to be gaining ugh!

Guess we need to start our own weight loss program for us with RSD and all and include family and friends :P
Kheldar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote