View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:15 PM
----

10 yr Member
----

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryucialumni View Post
Hello, I am happy to hear that you received a diagnosis as that sometimes can be the hardest part with TOS; a Thoracic surgeon sounds like exactly what you need! I am very happy for you! Ill keep you in my thoughts, I am sure that the surgery will go great for you. Prior to my surgery, I once read from someone that immediately once they woke up in recovery after their rib resection, they felt immediate substantial relief. That was difficult for me to believe because I was nervous about the surgery and all. However, I found that statement to be entirely correct! (Although I did end up with a slight complication from the surgery, a pneumothorax, which was completely easily fixed...)-after the decompression and scalenectomy I could feel the relief! I could tell that there wasnt the compression that I had been feeling for yrs causing pain anymore. It was amazing to me that something that had caused so much pain for so many yrs could be fixed and given such relief with just one procedure and so short after!

My point being, I dont know if you have already had your surgery, but if you havent-please take peace and solice knowing that when you wake up you will feel like a new person and will feel so much better as if just with a snap of your fingers! I do hope that your surgery goes great! Please let me know how it goes if you dont mind. As well, if you have any questions I am here. Feel free to contact me either here or via yahoo messenger.

Take care,
Kerry

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kerry. I have surgery in a few weeks, so I'll keep everyone posted. The surgeon said that most people feel as though something is different in recovery. Of course there's significant pain initially, but I'm anxious to get this done and behind me! Thank you again.
Limoges is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Logan17 (08-24-2013)