View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueangelgal View Post
Thank you so much for your information. I do not as of yet have many of the other symptoms so mom and I are hopefull that it is not RSD, but still worried. I'm waiting now to hear back about seeing another doctor through the guy I have been seeing. The worst thing with workers-comp stuff is the waiting. Tomorrow I start a new med to target nerve pain. Mom and I talked today and she said that we'll see if the new meds help before we start to get too worried. Again thanks soo much and I'll def be back here to learn as much as I can.
You do not need to have all of the symptoms for a proper diagnosis. It is a VERY unique condition. While there certainly are symptoms that are common, don't fall for conventional wisdom. There is not a lot "conventional" about CRPS.

What medication are you going to start?

I urge you to NOT be complacent. It is very easy to do. It took me 1 year to get a diagnosis and by then, the CRPS had been firmly set. In hindsight, I of course wish I would have been more aggressive in seeking second, third and fourth opinions. Which is what I eventually had to do to get a proper diagnosis. Time is certainly of the essence with any potential CRPS case.

Never be afraid of hurting a doctor's feelings by getting multiple opinions. A good doctor will have no problem with it and a great doctor will "encourage" it.

Good luck!

Last edited by birchlake; 03-09-2012 at 07:01 AM.
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (03-12-2012)