Thread: newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallysblooms View Post
Yes, stop eating gluten. Most people do that with my illnesses, CFS and POTS (autonomic neuropathy) and other problems. Good place to start.

I use two diff. Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements and they are great. But when I added Benfotiamine (a fat and water soluble vit b1 ) things got better fast. I am improving daily. You can try adding Benfotiamine. I use the Life Extention brand. My doctor likes that one.

My Alpha Lipoic Acids are Lipoic Acid Supreme and also a long acting one ALAMAX by Xymogen. That was is really good.

You need lots of antioxidents, LOW sugar/carbs in food and staying away from toxins when possible. The nerves have to heal and are sensitive. You might like the book "Minding my Mitochondria." The doctor talks about how to heal the nerves. I also eat sea veggies, important for nerves. Really great book. You can find Dr. Terry Wahl's on Facebook and on the internet.
Hi Sally,
Thank you for the information on gluten. I hope this is not my imagination but today the burning is not half as bad. I did not eat any foods containing gluten yesterday or this morning. As soon as I get back home in April I will make an appointment and mention this to my doctor I will also mention to her about finding out if I am low in any other supplements. I think taking the B-12, B-1, R-ALA on an empty stomach has greatly helped. I am not cured yet by no means but Thank God it is getting better. The only good thing that has come out of having PN is a stronger relationship with the Lord. I keep praying and keeping the faith. God Bless all!

Wanda
w.wilkes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-09-2012), Sallysblooms (03-09-2012)