View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default uncertain

Thanks for your response---at this point I don't know what my problems are due to

I've been pretty stable, without neurology interference for ~2 years---it is just tha now I'm having increased problems and am concerned it might be due to my prio disc issues or one the the other herniations that were only mild-mod in 2003

I've has Brain MR's, which off course are indeterminate---several small bright lesion which are essentially unchaged since 1996, so I can see how MS could be out of the picture

When I finally got the cervical MR (to shut up my whining) they found a herniated disk compressing the cervical cord (more on the left) and I had urgent ACF---which did improve alot

Then I started having breathing issues and swallowing issues (modified barium swalows consistently show mild problems and intermittant penetration), modulating Abs are positive, binding negative 1 borderline and 2 negative SFEMGs, but mestinon helps my swallowing (so I continue it as I'm willing to accept a placebo effect---I don't enjoy drowning from a glass of water)---so MG is likely ruled out

I'm all for it being psych---as long as I can get rid of it---I've definitely had my share of depressive episodes---but I just don't know in this case---I can't convince my psychiatrist or PCP, by the expert at the large Univesity meets me 1-2 times and proclaims it conversion and now everyone else are bowing to his genious

I'm just annoyed and confused---I likel data and would like some hard data either way---right nowall I have is mush and an "expert's" gut feeling

Sorry to rant...I'm just ******---I didn't expect them to no even see me

Thanks
eeyore2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote