View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkupka View Post
I am not sure where the bleed was in my brain, I am not sure if the told me. They could have told me but I have forgotten. I fell backward so my guess is the back part of the brain? Not sure. Our symptoms do sound very similar. I have not heard of too many people having walking issues though, I wonder whats that all about.
I had trouble walking the first month of my recovery. I needed a walker in the hospital the 3 days I was there, or someone to help me to the bathroom. When they released me I spent most of my time in bed the first few weeks...it was hard to walk and everything just hurt.

I'm not a doctor but I'm sure you will be recovering your walking ability soon. Your going to hear this a billion times during your recovery, but, everything takes time. Try not to spend too much time on the computer or watching TV...your brain isn't healing when its being used. I made the mistake of playing video games, browsing the web and watching TV throughout my recovery. Big mistake.

Good luck, keep in touch.

Nick
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kkupka (04-03-2012)