View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Frustrated and upset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr1216 View Post
-- I completely understand all of your pain and frustrations. I have suffered with server migraines pretty much my entire life. I am 25 years old now and after spending a total of about a month and a half in the hospital over a 4 month period, I unfortunately report I am still not pain free.

My first surgery was on August 26, 2010. 2nd surgery due to a leak in my dura and csf building up in my soft tissues, was on November 4th. After my 2nd surgery I thought I was in the clear! I felt awesome! Not even close to the difficulty in recovery as the 1st surgery! Even tho the incision was longer and they had to shave more of my head I thought I was finally going to be pain free. Not even close. 2 weeks later to the day almost I was admitted back into the hospital.

Almost 2 years later I am still not even close back to normal. I am a caffeine junkie, or my headaches come back. My neck , back and shoulders are constantly weak and aching. I would live like this for the rest of my life over the pain I had with those headaches before. My neurosurgeon and the hospital were absolutely fantastic! I had an amazing team Of doctors and nurses that were over the top fantastic! I have been having worse pain Over the last week and am debating on going back to see my ns.

I would highly recommend the csf shunt to reliever the build of, and unfortunately the amount of trauma your body goes thru with all of these surgeries, you will never feel " normal " again.

Prayers headed your way so that they help you sooner rather than later. Hope my story helps a little in some way.
I would like to join your all in this forum. I also posted several comments in the forum about Laminectomy I had in 2010 (6 hour surgery) after which I developed a big pseudomeningocele in the low back area. In 2011, they addressed the pseudomeningocele (2 hour surgery). Just like in some cases I read in the Intrernet, my second scar is longer than the first one. They patched the torn dura and I was happy. Two days ago I had another MRI. The pceudomeningocele is back which means the fluid is still leaking or leaking again as the dura is torn... I have no idea what to do. I haven't talked to my neurosurgeon yet (he is fantastic!) No way I want another surgery. I wonder whether lumbar puncture would help to get the fuild out. Did anyone have those? I don't have the typical headaches that everybody experiences but I did faint 6 months ago and that was the main reason i decided to do my second surgery. I guess I can live with the sensations I constantly have in my head, but I don't want to be dragged to an emergency room if I faint in the street and people around wouldn't know what to do. Besides, I am concerned about those complications that huge pseudomeningoceles lead to.
NewToBlog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote