View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLady View Post
I actually had a neuro, years ago, tell me that someone who doesnt have MS and takes the dmd's would get very sick. Liver damage, heart disease, etc..
I'd have to disagree with your neuro and thankfully mine said it wouldn't have any additional side effects other than whatever might occur in me whether or not I have MS. So in my understanding if you are someone whose liver enzymes will get wonky from being on a DMD that would happen MS or not. I wouldn't let the off chance that we might have been misdiagnosed sway me from starting a dmd. I don't think there are very high numbers of people being misdiagnosed. I'd be happy to put away the Copaxone after all these years if it was all a mistake but I'm not that lucky.

I haven't ever heard this and can't think of any research that would indicate these medications might cause problems in someone without MS. In fact they aren't even all that effective in targeting MS!
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
Anonymous
Jules A is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-27-2012), dmplaura (04-29-2012), SallyC (04-26-2012)