Thread: Inflammation
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agirlandhertort1 View Post
I have an appointment with the GP on Tuesday, and she will be writing the referral then. Since it is a large clinic, I am sure I won't have to wait too long for the rheumatologist.

That is incredible about your Sjogren's! It further proves that the blood tests are very flawed. Is that disorder responsible for your PN? Is it something that you can be treated for? I am glad that you had a doctor willing to provide the biopsy, as I know how hard it is to get testing done.

I sincerely hope that everyone finds answers. Our stories are so similar, with unexplained pain/issues, and being put off by physicians when the tests come back "normal."

I do understand that these abnormal labs only start the conversation. I know I have a journey ahead for the right diagnosis, but I'm just thrilled that I have evidence that proves it's not psychological!

Yes, the Sjogren's is the cause of my PN. In some cases there are treatments (IVIG for one) to help with PN from an autoimmune disease. However, they found my dorsal root ganglion is damaged (ganglioneuritis/ganglioneuropathy) from the Sjogren's, and there is no effective treatment for that, to date.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote