View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel04 View Post
Thank you so much for all the really helpful replies yes I had chemo and radiotherapy and all went well, I have seen my oncologist several times, he arranged an ultra sound and the results showed that was a fibrous mass and the wound had knitted back too tightly but there was nothing else that could be done. He thought I was an unusual case but offered no other advice, oh he did suggest that I go to a pain clinic and learn how to manage the pain. I am terrified of having reconstruction and would never opt for any operation again even if my life depended on it. I had a good night and slept until 4.30 so I thank god for that much. I just wish I could get the motivation to get dressed and go out for a walk but my head is afraid of my body and something going wrong again. Any suggestions ?
Angel, I would seek the advice of a good plastic surgeon - one who deals more with reconstruction than cosmetic and find out what can be done, if anything, with the fibrous mass and the wound knitting back too tightly. You said you talked to the oncologist, but what about the breast surgeon who performed your surgery. You deserve answers about this - not just the usual and easy for them (doctors) to learn to live with the pain.

There is someone out there who can help you with what happened with your mastectomy. Keep searching and good luck.
grandma123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote