View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Laura, I was discussing on another thread the difficulty of going from being an active achiever to running at half speed. I was able to hang on at my job for years because they allowed me to go on 2/3 contract (I was a community college teacher). I had no dx until just after I had to go on disability. As with your employer, no one understood at all, and my situation was as bad as yours, as I had no dx. People thought I was a freak if I went in the lady's room and lay down, or just put my feet up and closed my eyes, but I had to do this to make it through the day. I became a "second class" person because of my needs. And I had to quit suddenly...still without a dx, although the dx came quickly then, and no one even said goodbye. I had inconvenienced them. I am still sad about it,
and about so many things I lost, and having become a widow I am now burdened with that loss as well, and also with grief thinking how much my husband helped me and gave up to be with me.
Thanks for sharing your story. It's really tough. How terrible that no one said goodbye. ... I guess we look at inconveniencing them, but at the same time, we have to look at what we bring or brought to the table, you know? I'm sorry you're still sad about it, but I can understand. That's a lot to have been through.

I wanted to report in. Good news on the cog versus work front. I got my approval for work accommodation after I returned home from being South in Florida (came home with the hubby! Yay!) so I'm working on emails only now, no phone call stress, no incoming / outgoing client phone calls to deal with/try to juggle. I can call my internal service partners to handle my email inquires, which is fine. I have time to formulate thoughts/work on complex situations and work through problems without stressing myself to pieces. I can breathe!!!

Hubby and I had a beautiful drive up the coast, but wow stress at the border! Long story there, I won't get into that here, but he's got his Permanent Residence stuff all set, waiting on his card to arrive in the mail, and his got his Social Insurance Number already so he can work in Canada. Now we have to get his Medicare (Canada health coverage) established. He's covered for prescriptions on my insurance now - which is good, since he's type 1 diabetic and needs his insulin!

Late here, bedtime! Hugs to you all, hope you've been doing well
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (06-07-2012), SallyC (06-06-2012)