View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
Hi Ideopathic PN,
IMPRESSION (June 15, 2012):

"Progressive fibronodular opacity in the medial segment of the right middle lobe which could represent an infectious or imflammatory process. The examination is otherwise unchanged and unremarkable.

Please, what does this mean?

it is something that should be checked after a period of time by another ct to see if it has changed or is gone. i have numerous nodules in my lungs some rather large that i have checked by ct at regular intervals, at first every year and now every 2-3 years. dont stress over it too much. mine has not changed in years now. yours could just be infection related. get another a year from now if for nothing else than your own peace of mind.

as far as stress, i know that stress can make a medical condition worse and probably will due to resultant inflammation and how taxing it is on our energy reserves and immune systems. i just dont believe that stress causes these conditions though. anecdotally i have found that these type of conclusions by doctors that your symptoms or condition are due to stress is made far more with female patients than male patients. i just dont buy it.

with the problems that you are having it is natural that you would be worried and stressed. there would be something wrong with you psychologically if you werent. its not good or healthy for you longterm, however.

get a cat scan in a year, take the medication that was prescribed, monitor how you are doing breathing wise and relax a little and wait for the next cat scan or pulmonary test. there really is nothing much else you can do in the meantime except live as healthily as you can.

i dont know if i mentioned this or not but there is a support group for pn somewhere in the jacksonville area that might be able to give you ideas on what they are doing, medications, testing and other doctors. if you are interested send me a message.
Hi echoes,

Yes, I am interested to know the support group in my area.

You dont know how much reassuring your email was. You are are right, I am experiencing anxieties but it is hard to avoid it. I am really trying so very hard not to be afraid but it keeps on creeping especially when the pain is on and breathing is hard.
Anyway, one day at a time.

I dont want to ask this question because I am scared of the answer but I have to face this head-on. Is fibronodular the same as intertitial lung disease?

It seems my result says that I have an ongoing inflammation. I dont know where my imflammation is coming from.

Thank you very very much, echoes.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DanP (06-24-2012)