View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yeah, I think compression issues are involved in exacerbating the SFPN.

When I gave the complete picture to the Physical Therapist (specializing in sciatica type stuff) he did seem a bit flummoxed. Here is my distillation/interpretation of what he recommends (and what we are going to try).

Leave us say that muscles in the area of the buttocks thighs and calves are extremely tight/tense (he whistled while measuring them). So we are going to start with stretches. I think the theory is that they are kind of tight like steel bands with the nerve(s) snuggled within their embrace (so I'm being poetic in my interpretation, LOL). Consequently, additional pressure from "outside" (sitting) is kind of like a chinese finger puzzle and compressing them. So...... hopefully stretches will alleviate this over time. Again, he didn't say it that way, it is how I've translated it.

Oddly so, I can take the "baseline" PN (about a 4 out of 10), but when you add the pressure parasthesia part to it, then it soars to an 8 or higher. Not that I'm going to neglect the baseline (that's what the supplements are for), but there's a lot going on to address.

That's the latest in this journey.

PS - I should be receiving a compounded prescription of a formulated foot gel designed to help with PN tonight. I'll post the results of using it. If it is positive, I'll see if I can get a precise listing of ingredients.
NBrazil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote