View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Also, many neurologists will be glad to promise you that with their treatment (and each of them have his/her favorite approach) you will go into complete remission and lead a completely normal life. The question is what have they got to base it on.[/QUOTE]

I would run from a doctor that made that promise! As lawyers we are explicitly prohibited from guaranteeing outcomes, im surprised no such rules apply to doctors.

Funny i am seronegative and have negative emg (most likely becsuse no one told me not to take mestinon) and only slightly abnormal sfemg (both done within hours of taking pills) but my doctor does not seem concerned with that and we are proceeding with what i think is standard first line teatment, mestinon which is helping but not enough, prednisone which hasnt started helping yet and if no help from prednisone after 3 more weeks than we will consider next steps which i think he is thinking plasmapherisis. So all in all it seems to me it would be unreaonable for me to go to someone else for another opinion.

My impression is my doctor w more concerned with excluding other illnesses via the emg, ncs and sfemg.
StephC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cait24 (09-27-2012)