View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well...hey...I don't feel like I have been 'shot down' I just didn't feel entirely comfortable because I didn't see anything resembling consent on her behalf. That doesn't mean that they didn't talk about it and plan it before - they may well have - and the discomfort that I felt from her husband could simply have been him being protective in the way that he was following her wishes.

I don't know, and I can't speculate as to their motivation as I have previously said. I can only speak for myself and my wishes to keep my privacy - which is NOT driven by vanity, but by a desire to keep whatever privacy I can maintain, for the sake of my husband and kids.

I also think that MS and it's ravages should be shown in all its extremes - not just the sanitised version that the big pharma companies want us to see (as results of their wonder drugs) and I have friends from all ends of the MS spectrum - so I am not wearing 'blinkers'.

I hope this gives an insight into my comments. This nasty little monster will do whatever it chooses, and we are at its mercy. I get that the general public need to get this. I just don't want to think of anyone being damaged any further than they really need to be on the way.

All of you are as equally entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine, and that is what makes this forum such a wonderful place. It would be very dull if we all typed the same thing and felt exactly the same way. Sure, it is nice when people agree with us, but I thank you all for giving me lots to think about and it is so nice to be able to express an opinion without nasty replies, but intelligent and thoughtful responses.

Cheers

Lyn

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-20-2012), carebear01 (10-23-2012), Debbie D (10-20-2012), jprinz99 (10-24-2012), Kitty (10-20-2012), SallyC (10-20-2012)