View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 07:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Theresa

((((((((((((Big hugs for you...and for your mum)))))))))))))))

I am so very sorry about the way things are turning out for you all - I guess the bottom line, as you have said, is that you still have her with you - you just need to get to know and love the 'new' her.

I am sure that this will happen - it will just take time, time to grieve and adjust - for everyone (including her). From what you are saying, I strongly suspect she is aware of the changes/differences she has experienced, and is probably very conscious of it. Have you talked to her about this? Has she had any grief counselling - for that matter, have you?

I know that when I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (three years before my aneurysm surgery - which is both life-long and degenerative) I was devastated with grief, doubt and foreboding - like I was a broken toy left on the shelf, and no good for anything anymore. I was torn up with grief, self-doubt and self-loathing.

This is just something to consider - I can't imagine how hard this is for all of you, and I certainly don't say that 'I know how you (or your mum) feel.

Please just know that my thoughts and care are with you all.

Lyn
xox

Multiple Sclerosis Dx 2001 Craniotomy to clip brain aneurysm 2004. ITP 1993.
Lynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote