View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 04:44 PM
anon22217

anon22217

Thank you for your post.

I am actually so afraid of medication and the type of person who won't even take anything for a cold where meds are the absolute last resort. So when the doctor read off all these medication names it scared me so much and made me sad. I think I have this feeling where taking medication is like a sign of failure(

But thank you for posting about your mediation experience. I think I need to take a more positive view towards meds and that meds are there to help me.

Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter11 View Post
Thanks for the post. My situation was very similar to yours.

I went through about 6 months of PCS before trying medication. About 3 weeks ago I was perscribed 2x10 mg of nortriptalyne at nigh and 2 x 40 mg of proponanol during the day. Ofourse at first I was sceptical of anti depressants, but I know that at this stage I was anxious and depressed and anything to calm my stress down would be good. It has been 3 weeks since then and I have gone from about 10% functioning to about 60% now and feel better each day. Ofcourse I have good days and bad but I am having alot more good days. I am even completely symtpm free at times. My doc wants me to start tapering off over the next few months which I agree with but for the time being i am seeing improvement and am happy with what Ive been prescribed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote